- 2 medium onions (halved and thinly sliced)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 2 pounds pork ribs (boneless country-style)
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup peach preserves (or apricot)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (packed)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 to 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 clove garlic (finely minced)
- In a large skillet or sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté, stirring frequently, until softened. Turn down to low and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the onions are browned, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove onions to a plate and set aside.
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil to the skillet and set over medium-high heat. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper; dredge in the flour.
- Add the pork to the pan and cook, turning frequently, until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes. Add chicken broth to the skillet, cover, and continue cooking over medium-low heat for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the preserves, brown sugar, water, curry powder, and garlic in a bowl; stir in the onions.
- Add the onion mixture to the skillet and continue cooking, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||24 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||14 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|