This marinade works well for injecting pork roasts that will be smoked and pulled. Make sure you grind the herbs and spices well so it won't clog the injection needle.
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL salt
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL pepper
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL parsley (flakes)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL oregano (dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL rosemary
- 1 large clove garlic (minced)
- 1 medium onion (pureed)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL water
- 1/2 cup/120 mL vinegar
- 1 cup/240 mL olive oil
- 1/2 cup/120 mL basil (chopped fresh)
1. Using a mortar and pestle or spice grinder to grind herbs and spices. Puree onion with 1 tablespoon of water in blender. Combine spices and onion with remaining ingredients and inject into meat. Cover pork (or whatever meat you are injecting) with plastic wrap and place into refrigerator for 8 to 24 hours.
2. Grill or smoke as directed.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|