This marinade works well for injecting pork roasts that will be smoked and pulled. Make sure you grind the herbs and spices well so it won't clog the injection needle.
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL salt
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL pepper
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL parsley (flakes)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL oregano (dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL rosemary
- 1 large clove garlic (minced)
- 1 medium onion (pureed)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL water
- 1/2 cup/120 mL vinegar
- 1 cup/240 mL olive oil
- 1/2 cup/120 mL basil (chopped fresh)
- Using a mortar and pestle or spice grinder to grind herbs and spices, puree onion with 1 tablespoon of water in blender.
- Combine spices and onion with remaining ingredients and inject into meat.
- Cover pork (or whatever meat you are injecting) with plastic wrap and place into refrigerator for 8 to 24 hours.
- Grill or smoke as directed.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|