|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Makes about 2 cups (1 serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 2g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 193g||70%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||16%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This is a great sweet barbecue mop and works particularly well with beef. It's a perfect mop for smoked brisket, but can be used on pork as well.
- 1/2 cup/120 mL Kentucky Bourbon
- 1/2 cup/120 mL brown sugar
- 1/2 cup/120 mL pureed sweet onion
- 1/4 cup/60 mL agave syrup
- 1/4 cup/60 mL ketchup
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL water
1. In a small saucepan on medium-low heat, combine all ingredients until sugar has melted through. If it is too thick, add a little water to thin it out.
2. Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool to room temperature before using. If making ahead of time, follow previous instructions and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days after preparation.
3. To use, simply apply mop several times during the later stages of smoking a brisket or pork roast.