These rib eye steaks are marinated in a delicious bourbon-dijon mixture, grilled and topped with a flavorful herb compound butter. This recipe takes steak to a whole new level.
- 4 rib eye steaks (12 ounces each)
- For the Marinade:
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- For the Herb Butter:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon rosemary (fresh, finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon thyme (fresh, roughly chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
To Prepare Compound Butter
- Combine softened (not melted) room temperature butter with herbs, salt, and garlic powder.
- Scoop onto a large piece of plastic wrap.
- Form into a log shape, roll plastic forming a tube.
- Twist ends of plastic and tuck underneath. Place into refrigerator for 2-3 hours before using.
To Prepare Marinade
- Combine marinade ingredients in a small mixing bow.
- Open two resealable plastic bags and place 2 steaks into each.
- Divide marinade and pour half into one bag and the remaining mixture into another.
- Release air from bags, seal, and place into refrigerator for 2-6 hours.
To Complete Recipe
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Remove steaks from bag and discard marinade.
- Place onto grill and cook for 6-8 minutes per side, or until steaks have reached the desired doneness.
- Once cooked, remove from grill and top each rib eye with a 1/2 inch slice of herb butter.
- Serve immediately with your favorite sides.