This is an excellent choice if you're looking for a cheesy, meat-free appetizer. The mushroom caps are stuffed with a lively mixture of roasted red peppers, artichokes, and Boursin cheese.
Use baby portabella mushrooms or regular mushrooms in this recipe.
- 20 to 24 medium to large mushrooms (baby portabella or button)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 1 can (15 ounces) artichokes (drained and finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup roasted red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 package (5.2 ounces) Boursin cheese with garlic and herbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (shredded)
- Heat the oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a shallow baking dish or spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Wash the mushrooms and carefully remove the stems. Set the caps aside.
- Chop the stems finely.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the finely chopped onion and finely chopped mushroom stems. Cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the finely chopped artichokes and roasted red bell pepper. Cook, stirring, until hot. Add the bread crumbs and Boursin cheese. Cook, stirring, until well blended and hot.
- Arrange the mushroom caps in the prepared baking dish. Fill the caps and top each with a little shredded Parmesan cheese. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the mushrooms brown.
More Stuffed Mushroom Recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|