|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 to 5 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 24g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||31%|
|Total Carbohydrate 57g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||22%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Lemon and basil help flavor this delicious chicken and bowtie pasta dish, along with mushrooms, artichokes, and Parmesan cheese. This makes a great dish for any day of the week, and the family will love it.
- 8 ounces bowtie pasta
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- Dash freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 to 6 ounces of sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans artichoke hearts (about 12 ounces each), drained, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers, optional
- 3 medium plum tomatoes or about 8 cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1/2 cup fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta following package directions until tender; rinse and drain.
Slice the chicken breasts into narrow strips and sprinkle lightly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and a dash of pepper.
In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium heat; add chicken and cook, stirring, until cooked through, about 5 to 7 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove chicken to a plate or bowl; set aside.
Add the remaining olive oil and the mushrooms to the saucepan and cook, stirring, until tender. Add the broth, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, the garlic, and artichoke hearts. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 3 minutes.
Stir in the tomatoes, basil, chicken, and the hot drained pasta; heat through. Toss with the Parmesan cheese just before serving.