- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- steak seasoning blend or other seasoned salt blend
- 5 pounds beef short ribs, about 8 short ribs
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups apple juice
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 head cabbage, cut into wedges
- Heat oven to 325 F.
- In a large Dutch oven or kettle, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Rub ribs all over with the seasoning blend then sear on all sides, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove the ribs and set aside. Add bacon to the pot and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until cooked but not crisp. Add the onions and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the ribs back to the pot and add apple juice, beef broth, and cider vinegar; bring to a simmer. cover tightly and bake for 2 hours. Add the cabbage, cover, and continue cooking, basting occasionally, for about 30 to 45 minutes longer, or until cabbage is tender.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||155 g|
|Saturated Fat||65 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||73 g|
|Dietary Fiber||9 g|