- 1 beef bottom round roast, about 3 to 4 pounds
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Salt and pepper
- 3 to 4 slices bacon, cut in half crosswise
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed beef broth
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Rub beef roast with the garlic and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Rub all over with the finely minced garlic.
- Heat oven to 325 F.
- In a large Dutch oven or covered oven-safe pot, cook the bacon with onion until onion is softened.
- Remove bacon and onion to a plate and sear the roast in the drippings on all sides.
- Add the onion and bacon back to the pan along with the apple juice and beef broth. Stir in the vinegar.
- Cover and bake for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, until very tender.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||33 g|
|Saturated Fat||13 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||15 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
(The nutrition information on our recipes is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. Individual results may vary.)