|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 1 2-Pound Loaf (12 Servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||9%|
|Total Carbohydrate 8g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||3%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This flavorful bread gets its kick from jalapeño peppers. Best of all, the bread machine does all the hard work for you! Use a small, fresh jalapeño pepper or use a tablespoon or two of canned (drained) minced peppers.
- 1 small jalapeño pepper
- 1 cup of water
- 3 cups flour (bread)
- 3 tablespoons milk (nonfat dry)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter (in small pieces)
- 2 teaspoons yeast (active dry)
- 1/4 cup cheese (finely shredded Monterey Jack, or finely shredded Mexican blend of cheeses)
Remove the stem end of the jalapeño pepper. Slice the pepper in half lengthwise. With a small spoon, scrape out the seeds and light-colored ribs. Mince the pepper finely.
Add the ingredients to the bread machine pan according to your bread machine manufacturer's suggested order, adding the minced jalapeño pepper along with the flour.
Select white or basic with a light or medium crust.
Allow bread to cool before slicing.
- For a less spicy bread, you can reduce the amount of jalapeño pepper or use mild chile peppers.