This flavorful bread gets its kick from jalapeno peppers. Best of all, the bread machine does all the hard work for you! Use a small, fresh jalapeno pepper or use a tablespoon or two of canned (drained) minced peppers. You can also use reduce the amount of jalapeno pepper or use mild chile peppers for a less spicy bread.
- 1 small jalapeno pepper
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups flour (bread)
- 3 tablespoons milk (nonfat dry)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter (in small pieces)
- 2 teaspoons yeast (active dry)
- 1/4 cup cheese (finely shredded Monterey Jack, or finely shredded Mexican blend of cheeses)
- Remove the stem end of the jalapeno pepper. Slice the pepper in half lengthwise. With a small spoon, scrape out the seeds and light-colored ribs. Mince the pepper finely.
- Add the ingredients to the bread machine pan according to your bread machine manufacturer's suggested order, adding the minced jalapeno pepper along with the flour.
- Select white or basic with a light or medium crust.
- Allow bread to cool before slicing.
Makes one 2-pound loaf.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|