|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 1 Loaf (16 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 3g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||4%|
|Total Carbohydrate 7g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||3%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Verla's bread machine herb bread is super easy to prepare, and it is the perfect bread for a spaghetti or lasagna meal. You might want to bake this bread just for the wonderful aroma!
I've made the bread with Parmesan cheese and basil instead of oregano, and it was amazing.
See the tips below the recipe for instructions for making a free form loaf for the oven.
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup freshly grated cheese (Romano or Parmesan)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Gather the ingredients.
- Add the ingredients to your bread machine following the manufacturer's instructions. Set on basic or medium, and press start. Enjoy the fabulous aroma!
- The recipe makes one 1 1/2-pound loaf of bread.
Free Form Loaf for the Oven - Prepare the bread in the bread machine using the dough cycle. Remove the dough from the machine and shape into a round loaf. Place the loaf on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and cover with a damp kitchen towel. Let it rise until doubled, about 40 to 50 minutes.
Bake in a preheated 400 F oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
You Might Also Like