I made this pumpkin bread in a Zojirushi bread machine, but it should work with any standard size bread machine with a cake or quick bread cycle. Mix the ingredients together in a bowl first to make sure they're well combined.
Use canned pumpkin puree or homemade.
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, optional
- Spray bread machine pan with nonstick cooking spray or baking spray.
- In a bowl, mix vegetable oil, eggs, pumpkin puree, and sugar together until well blended.
- Stir in the baking powder, soda, salt, spices, and flour just until mixed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bread machine pan and set on the cake or quick bread cycle.
- Add chopped nuts at the beep, if using.
- Carefully loosen the loaf from the pan and paddles and turn out onto a rack to cool.
Tips and Variations
- If desired, add about 1/2 cup of raisins, dried cranberries, or chocolate chips along with the chopped nuts.
- Oven Directions: In a mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients, including the nuts. Bake the bread at 350 F in a greased loaf pan for about 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|