This easy sweet potato yeast bread is mixed and baked in the bread machine. A few spices, dark brown sugar, and a little vanilla add flavor to this bread.
If you use canned sweet potatoes in this recipe, rinse off any excess syrup before you mash them.
Add raisins or chopped pecans to this bread if you like. Follow your bread machine manufacturers' instructions for adding ingredients.
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (5 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain mashed sweet potatoes
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground nutmeg and cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons dry milk powder
- raisins or chopped pecans, optional
Add ingredients according to manufacturer's suggested order.
Use white bread setting, light crust.
If desired, add raisins or pecans when your bread machine beeps for additional ingredients.
You Might Also Like