Serve this flavorful tilapia with french fries, roasted potatoes, or rice, along with your family's favorite vegetables. Steamed broccoli or green beans are excellent choices.
- 2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup fine dry breadcrumbs, or panko crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Dash leaf thyme
- Dash ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 6 to 8 tilapia fillets
- 1/3 cup Creole mustard or a spicy brown mustard
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- If using panko crumbs, put them in a food processor with the seasonings; process until the bread crumbs are quite fine.
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard and mayonnaise; generously coat tilapia fillets with the mixture then coat with bread crumbs.
- Fry the coated tilapia fillets in the hot oil in a single layer, turning carefully after about 3 to 4 minutes. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes longer, or until cooked through and lightly browned.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|