Grape nuts muffins are the perfect afternoon treat or breakfast on the go. This 6-step recipe prepares a dozen muffins in under 30 minutes and can be altered to your liking. Want to add a little fiber to your morning routine? Add some oat bran. Do you like your muffins to have a little more texture? Add some more nuts.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 6 3/4 ounces
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup Grape Nuts cereal
- 1 large egg, well beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons melted shortening
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Grease and flour muffin pans or line with paper liners.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar; whisk to blend thoroughly. Add the cereal and mix.
- Combine the beaten egg, milk, and melted shortening; add to dry mixture and mix just until all ingredients are moistened.
- Fill the prepared muffin pans about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, or until done.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|