I used Buffalo seasoned chicken sausage, but feel free to use your favorite flavors in this easy, flavorful brunch or breakfast casserole. Serve this casserole with sliced tomatoes and warm stewed fruits for a delicious weekend or holiday brunch or breakfast.
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon chicken grill seasoning, Creole seasoning, or a seasoned salt mixture
- 3 slices bread, torn into small pieces
- 12 ounces chicken smoked sausage, your favorite flavors
- 1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese
- Grease a 2-quart baking dish or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, and seasoning.
- Arrange bread pieces in the baking dish; top with the sliced sausage then cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or let stand for 15 minutes and bake. If you refrigerate overnight, give the casserole about 20 to 30 minutes to come to room temperature before baking.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 to 50 minutes, until firm and lightly browned around the edges.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||31 g|
|Saturated Fat||14 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|