|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: up to 24 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||12%|
|Total Carbohydrate 8g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Brigadeiros are a traditional Brazilian candy made from sweetened condensed milk, cooked until it has a golden brown color and a rich, caramel flavor. Roll your Brigadeiros in colored sprinkles, toasted coconut, or ground nuts, and flavor them with vanilla, almond, or cinnamon—the possibilities are endless with this easy, delicious treat! Be sure to check out the recipe for fudgy Chocolate Brigadeiros as well.
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (or heavy cream)
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 tsp. light corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Gather the ingredients.
- Combine the sweetened condensed milk, the coconut milk or heavy cream, the butter, the corn syrup, and the salt in a medium-large pan with a heavy bottom. Place the pan over medium heat and stir until the butter dissolves.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then turn the heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring frequently, until the candy comes together in one piece in the bottom of the pan and you start to see a brown skin form on the bottom of the pan. This should take about 10 minutes.
- Pour the candy into a bowl or plastic container, taking care not to scrape the bottom—leave the brown skin in the pan. Cover the bowl and let it come to room temperature, then refrigerate it until the brigadeiros mixture is completely chilled, at least 2 hours.
- Pour your toppings into shallow bowls. When the candy is chilled and firm, use a candy scoop or teaspoon to form the candy into small balls. Roll them in the toppings, then roll them between your palms until the balls are round and the toppings are firmly embedded in the candy.
- Place the Brigadeiros into small paper or foil candy cups to serve. Store them in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks, and bring them to room temperature before serving.