The Bottom Line
This model has been discontinued. It is replaced by the Brinkmann 2-Burner Model# 810-4221-S.
You go to all the trouble of designing and building the cheapest gas grill possible and then add in a side burner that most people who buy this grill will never use. Weighing around 53 pounds, this is nearly the cheapest grill on the market, but I would still recommend finding one without the side burner (unless is it something definitely necessary).
After all, since this is practically a disposable gas grill, why waste money and metal on a side burner if all it is going to get used for it grilling hamburgers and hot dogs.
- Very low powered
- Low-quality components
- Thin body doesn't hold heat
- Uneven heat
- Two 12,000 BTU stainless steel burners
- 360 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 530 square inches
- 24,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 12,000 BTU side burner under a flush mounted cover
- On knob piezoelectric igniters
- Porcelain-coated steel cooking grates
- Porcelain coated steel firebox and lid
- Cover and propane tank sold separately
- Made by Brinkmann in China exclusively for Home Depot Stores
Guide Review - Brinkmann 2-Burner Red Model# 810-4220-S Gas Grill
If you are looking for a gas grill that will last you through the year so you can occasionally grill up some burgers and dogs, well this might just be the grill for you.
With a little investment you can probably afford to through this one out next year (please recycle).
Basically, this is a low power, 2-burner gas grill with few parts and a basic, 12,000 BTU side burner. There isn't even get a rotisserie kit for this model. The heat is uneven, so don't try anything too complicated, but as a basic burger burner, this isn't a bad gas grill.
This Brinkmann made grill is sold exclusively at Home Depot. Most major retailers will have similar grills. The biggest problem with this grill isn't the poor quality construction, the paper thin body, but the side burner. Actually, it isn't a bad side burner for the price, but the fact that it has a side burner is just a waste of materials. Most people don't use side burners and on a $130USD gas grill, it is a pointless accessory.