This flavorful barbecue mop recipe will keep your brisket full of flavor and add moisture during the smoking process. Make a day ahead of time so the flavors can meld well.
- 1 12-ounce/350 mL beer
- 1/2 cup/120 mL cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup/80 mL water
- 1/3 cup/80 mL light oil (canola is good)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL pepper
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL cayenne
- Mix all ingredients in a sauce pan over low heat.
- Cook until thoroughly dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Mop over brisket ever hour until Brisket is cooked. Brisket will take 1 to 1 1/4 hours per pound in a smoker at about 225 degrees F/110 degrees C.
Note: If you're making the sauce ahead of time, cool sauce completely and store in an air tight container for up to 5 days after preparation.
Reheat in microwave for 1 minute to warm it slightly. Use as directed above.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|