A vegetarian and broccoli quiche recipe with cheese and tomatoes with plenty of positive reviews from independent taste testers. This simple vegetarian quiche is perfect for a weekend breakfast or brunch. This vegetarian broccoli quiche recipe goes well with a whole wheat crust.
Recipe courtesy the Wheat Foods Council.
Wondering about whether or not vegetarians eat eggs? Here's more on the debate as to whether eggs are vegetarian or not.
Like this homemade broccoli quiche? Scroll down for more vegetarian quiche recipes to try.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cooked broccoli, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat grated Swiss cheese
- 8 ounces evaporated skim milk
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tomato, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 pre-made whole wheat pastry crust (recipe link below)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whip eggs with wire whisk.
- Add broccoli, shredded Swiss cheese, evaporated milk, garlic, onion, salt and pepper
- Stir until blended.
- Pour into prepared whole wheat pastry crust.
- Slice tomato and place on top of quiche mixture.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until quiche tests done in center.
- Allow to cool before serving.
See also: Whole Wheat Pastry Crust Recipe