This broccoli casserole is very easy to prepare and bake. Buttery stuffing crumbs are spread over the top of the casserole, giving it an extra burst of flavor and crunch.
If you don't have stuffing crumbs combine 1 cup of soft bread crumbs with 3/4 teaspoon of poultry seasoning and 2 teaspoons of celery flakes or a dash of celery salt.
Serve the casserole for a Sunday dinner or holiday feast.
For a smaller meal for 4, decrease the ingredients by half but use the same amount of stuffing crumbs and butter.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped broccoli or broccoli florets, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup herb-seasoned stuffing mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Heat the oven to 350 F (180 C/Gas 4).
- Butter a 2-quart casserole and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, condensed soup, and eggs; whisk until well blended. Add the cooked broccoli and then add the onion, Cheddar cheese, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Blend well.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared casserole dish and top with the stuffing mix. Dot with butter.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
Replace the cream of celery soup with another condensed soup. Cream of chicken or cream of chicken with herbs, cream of mushroom, or cream of onion would be good as well.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||43 g|
|Saturated Fat||14 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|