This simple casserole is a combination of frozen broccoli, condensed soups, and cheese. Slivered almonds add crunch to the casserole.
The original recipe called for "garlic cheese," which is no longer available. You may replace the Velveeta cheese with shredded mild cheddar (2 cups) if you'd like, or use Cheez Whiz in the recipe.
- 2 packages (approximately 10 ounces each) frozen broccoli spears
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds (about 2 ounces)
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs tossed with a 2 tablespoons of melted butter, for topping
- Heat the oven to 375 F.
- Lightly butter a 2-quart baking dish.
- Cook broccoli in salted water until barely tender. Drain and place broccoli in the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle slivered almonds over the broccoli.
- Combine the cheese, garlic powder, and condensed soups in a saucepan. Place the pan over medium heat and cook, stirring, until the cheese has melted and the mixture is well blended.
- Pour the cheese sauce over broccoli.
- Top broccoli cheese casserole with buttered bread crumbs and bake in the preheated oven until the casserole is bubbly and the bread crumb topping is browned
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||46 g|
|Saturated Fat||26 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|