|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 8 to 10|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 17g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||13%|
|Total Carbohydrate 16g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||13%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
If you love a classic broccoli salad but need to lighten it up, this is an excellent choice. It's made with light mayonnaise and very little sugar (or sugar substitute). Feel free to add a little crumbled cooked bacon and sunflower seeds or chopped pecans for extra flavor and crunch.
- 6 to 8 cups of broccoli florets
- 1 medium carrot (shredded)
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup red onion or sweet onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup raisins or golden raisins (coarsely chopped)
- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons white wine or champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar or equivalent sugar substitute, or to taste
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
If the broccoli florets are large, break or cut them into smaller pieces.
In a large bowl, toss together the broccoli, shredded carrot, onion, and raisins.
In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, and sugar; whisk until smooth. Stir into the broccoli mixture until well blended. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
Garnish the salad with some crumbled bacon.
Add a handful of sunflower seeds or chopped toasted pecans.