- 6 to 8 cups of broccoli florets
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion or sweet onion
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped raisins or golden raisins
- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons white wine or champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar or equivalent sugar substitute, or to taste
- dash salt
- dash pepper
- If the broccoli florets are large, break or cut them into smaller pieces.
- In a large bowl, toss together the broccoli, shredded carrot, onion, and raisins.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, and sugar; whisk until smooth. Stir into the broccoli mixture until well blended. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Garnish the salad with some crumbled bacon.
- Add a handful of sunflower seeds or chopped toasted pecans.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|