- 2 tsp
- olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 medium Yukon Gold potato, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups fresh broccoli, including stems, chopped
- 2 cups low-sodium, fat-free chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat milk
- Heat oil on medium heat in a soup pot or Dutch oven.
- Gently sauté onion and celery for 3 to 4 minutes, until onion is softened. Add potato and chopped broccoli, followed by the broth and milk. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Allow soup to cool slightly, then transfer to a blender in 2-3 batches, and blend until smooth. Return soup to pot and heat gently until ready to serve.
Per Serving: Calories 88, Calories from Fat 16. Total Fat 1.8g (sat 0.3g), Cholesterol 1mg, Sodium 83mg, Carbohydrate 13g, Fiber 3.1g, Protein 4.9g
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|