Walnut oil gives this broccoli recipe an interesting flavor, but feel free to use olive oil or another nut oil.
- 16 ounces broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon roasted walnut oil or olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash black pepper
- Steam the broccoli just until tender.
- In a small saucepan, heat the butter and oil
- Add minced garlic, red onion, and lemon juice.
- Cook just until tender. Toss with the broccoli along with the salt and pepper.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|