These great tasting chicken breasts are broiled to perfection then served with a flavorful lemon and butter sauce.
Serve this tasty chicken with garlic mashed potatoes or baked potatoes and broccoli salad for a satisfying family meal.
- 4 chicken breast halves (boneless)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (more or less as needed)
- salt to taste (kosher)
- black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 green onions (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon parsley (fresh, chopped)
- Heat broiler (550° F); line a broiler pan with foil and oil the rack.
- Put chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap and gently pound to thin to an even thickness. Alternatively, if the chicken breasts are large, slice each one horizontally to make 2 cutlets.
- Rub the chicken with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Arrange on the oiled broiler rack.
- In a saucepan, combine remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 seconds. Taste and add salt and pepper, as needed. Set aside.
- Broil the chicken for about 12 to 15 minutes, turning halfway through the cooking time. Drizzle each chicken breast with about 1 teaspoon of the lemon mixture 1 minute before it's finished.
- Serve chicken with the remaining sauce.
You Might Also Like:
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||88 g|
|Saturated Fat||28 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||36 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|