- 4 halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 medium clove garlic (finely minced or pressed)
- Optional: 2 teaspoons parsley (freshly chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon herb seasoning blend (or a few shakes, to taste)
- Brush broiler rack with a little olive oil.
- Lightly sprinkle halibut with salt and pepper.
- Combine melted butter with garlic, chopped parsley, if using, and herb seasoning blend.
- Brush the fish fillets with the herb butter mixture.
- Place on broiler rack. Broil for about 10 to 14 minutes, depending on thickness, turning once about halfway through.
- Serve this halibut with potatoes or rice, spinach, or another green vegetable. If desired serve with a creamy sauce.
The recipe is very easy to scale down for two. Use 2 fillets, a small clove of garlic, about 1 1/2 tablespoons of melted butter, and 1 teaspoon of parsley, along with a little less seasoning.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|