This ham steak makes a quick and super easy busy day dinner, or serve for a simple holiday dinner for a small family. Serve the ham sliced with baked or mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes, along with green beans, peas, or a salad.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Line a shallow rimmed baking pan with foil and place a rack in the pan. Or line a broiler pan with foil.
- Place the ham steak on the rack in the baking pan or the rack of a broiler pan.
- In a bowl, combine the ground mustard and Dijon mustard with the brown sugar and vinegar and stir until smooth.
- Brush the glaze mixture over the ham steak.
- Broil the ham about 3 to 4 inches from the heat source until the glaze is bubbling and lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- Turn the ham over and baste with more of the mustard mixture; broil for another 3 to 5 minutes, until browned.
Serve this ham steak with mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes along with your family's favorite steamed vegetables or a vegetable casserole. This scalloped vegetable casserole is a good choice, or serve the ham with this easy baked corn and cheese bake.
- Use part or all honey in the glaze mixture in place of the brown sugar.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|