Broiled tomatoes are a tasty side dish, especially when garden-fresh tomatoes are plentiful.
These tomato slices are topped with buttered breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese then broiled. Broiled tomatoes with Parmesan cheese.
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (as needed)
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- ground cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs (fine, dry, and seasoned)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- Cut tomatoes in half; spread cut side with mustard and sprinkle with a little salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Combine melted butter, bread crumbs, and Parmesan cheese.
- Spoon crumb mixture over the top of each tomato half.
- Place under the broiler and broil until crumbs are browned and tomatoes are tender.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|