These vanilla-flavored butter cookies are baked until the edges are browned and crisp.
Many butter cookie recipes instruct you to remove them from the oven while they are still pale blonde. In this instance, the browned edge adds another dimension to an already delicious treat.
- 4 ounces butter (1/2 cup, room temperature)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup sifted all-purpose flour (sift before measuring, about 3 1/4 ounces)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350 F. Grease cookie sheet pans or line them with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl with an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar. Add vanilla and egg and beat until light.
- Add sifted flour and salt, and mix well. Drop by half-teaspoonfuls onto prepared pans. Bake for about 10 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- To keep these butter cookies crispy, store in an airtight container.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|