A buttery cinnamon brown sugar topping makes this moist and delicious crumb cake extra special. It's an easy cake to prepare and bake and a nice cake that will brighten any morning.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, 9 ounces
- 1 2/3 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon additional butter, for the topping crumbs
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1/2 cup additional flour, about 2 1/4 ounces
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup milk
- Grease and flour a 9-inch square baking pan. Heat the oven to 350 F (180 C/Gas 4).
- In a mixing bowl, combine sifted flour, brown sugar and 1/2 cup of butter until crumbly.
- Put 1/2 cup of the crumb mixture in a small bowl and cut in the additional 1 tablespoon of butter. Set aside for topping.
- To the crumb mixture in mixing bowl add the beaten egg, additional 1/2 cup of flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and milk. Blend well with electric mixer on low speed. Spread the batter evenly in a greased 8-inch or 9-inch square pan.
- Sprinkle the reserved crumbs over the batter and bake for 35 to 40 minutes,or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool and slice into squares.
More Breakfast Cakes and Treats
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||21 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|