Top this cheesecake with the delicious caramel pecan sauce, or serve it with a dollop of whipped cream. This is a fabulous cheesecake to bake for a special occasion or even if you're just feeling peckish after a long week. It'll make a fabulous dessert for a holiday menu, or take it to a potluck dinner or special event.
- For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups
- graham cracker crumbs (fine)
- 1/3 cup pecans (finely chopped)
- 5 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon
- brown sugar
- For the Filling:
- 3 packages
- cream cheese (softened; 8 ounces each)
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar (light or dark, packed)
- 4 large eggs
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- For the Caramel Pecan Sauce:
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup pecan halves
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Wrap the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with 3 or 4 layers of heavy-duty foil.
- Combine the crust ingredients; pat into the springform pan, patting gently partway up the sides of the pan. Place in the refrigerator or freezer while you prepare the filling.
- Heat oven to 450 F.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth and fluffy; beat in brown sugar until light and well blended. Slowly beat in the eggs, then the sour cream and vanilla. Beat just until well blended.
- Pour into the prepared crust. Place the foil-wrapped pan in a large, shallow roasting pan. Place in the oven and add about 1/2 inch of hot water.
- Reduce heat to 325 F and bake for 45 to 55 minutes, until the cheesecake is firm around edges but still slightly jiggly in the center.
- Turn the oven off and leave the cheesecake in the oven for 30 minutes longer. Place the cheesecake on a rack to cool to room temperature. Remove the pan sides.
- Prepare the sauce.
- Heat the 5 tablespoons of butter and pecan halves in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring until the butter is lightly browned and pecans are aromatic. Add the brown sugar to the butter and cook, stirring, until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the cream until well blended and heat through. Serve with bread pudding, cheesecake, or pound cake.
- Refrigerate leftover cheesecake and sauce. Warm the sauce slightly and thin as necessary with a little cream.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||75 g|
|Saturated Fat||38 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||23 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|