There are oodles of great variations on traditional cake frosting out there. Here, we're talking about a frosting you can make in seven minutes using brown sugar, egg whites, vanilla and other delectable flavors.
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 6 tablespoons water
- Dash salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Put brown sugar, egg whites, water, and salt in top of double boiler.
2. Put double boiler over boiling water. Beat sugar and egg mixture with an electric beater until frosting thickens and holds shape when dropped from the beater.
3. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
4. Continue beating until frosting is thick enough to spread. Enough frosting for a 2-layer cake.