These brown sugar cookies are filled with crunchy, delicious walnuts or pecans. They are made with chopped walnuts and a walnut half on each cookie.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup walnuts or pecans (chopped)
- dash salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (for sprinkling on cookies)
- 36 walnut (or pecan) halves
1. Cream butter and sugar together until light; add vanilla and eggs; beat well.
2. Dissolve soda in milk; add to the creamed mixture with the flour, salt and chopped walnuts or pecans. Blend well.
3. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto a lightly greased baking sheet then sprinkle granulated sugar over cookies and put a walnut or pecan half on each one.
4. Bake at 375 F for 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||84 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g|