|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 1.5 cups (6 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 21g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||14%|
|Total Carbohydrate 31g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Toasted walnuts are coated with brown sugar and sour cream for a darkly sweet, tangy taste.
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups toasted walnut halves
- Gather the ingredients.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stir together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, sour cream, and salt. Stir frequently until the mixture reaches 250 degrees.
- Remove from the heat and immediately stir in the vanilla and the walnuts. Stir until the nuts are evenly coated.
- Pour the candy onto the prepared baking sheet. Allow it to cool for five minutes, then stir the nuts, making sure they are well-coated with the sugar syrup. Stir and coat on the baking sheet, then separate the nuts and allow them to fully cool.
- Brown Sugared Walnuts can be stored in a Ziploc bag or airtight container at room temperature for several weeks.