Enjoy a quick and easy vegetable side dish recipe of oven-roasted Brussels sprouts with balsamic vinegar and olive oil, lightly seasoned with salt and pepper. This is one of those recipes (like so many) which requires sea salt or kosher salt rather than regular table salt, and you absolutely must use fresh ground black pepper as well.
This easy Brussels sprouts recipe is vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free and is one of our most popular easy vegetarian Thanksgiving recipes here on TheSpruce. It's a crowd-pleaser that will have your family and friends raving about what a gourmet chef you've become. Just don't let on how simple it is!
If you're looking for more vegetable dishes or side dishes to try to round out a meat-free vegetarian or vegan Thanksgiving or Christmas menu, you may want to browse these simple holiday vegetable side dish ideas here.
- 2-3 cups brussels sprouts, sliced in half
- Dash salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- First, pre-heat oven to 375 F.
- Whisk together the vinegar, salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Slowly incorporate the olive oil until dressing is formed.
- Place the brussels sprouts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle the oil and vinegar dressing over the sprouts and gently toss to coat.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, turning once. Sprouts are done when they are lightly browned.
Serve the Brussels sprouts with an extra drizzle of the dressing if you wish, but they are also delicious just as they are from the oven.
When preparing Brussels sprouts, chop the stem end off just a little bit if it's large and firm. If your Brussels sprouts are more tender, you can keep the stem end or just trim the end a tiny bit.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|