|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 8 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 15g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||33%|
|Total Carbohydrate 2g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||1%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This flavorful Buffalo cheese dip is made with only 4 ingredients. Cream cheese, mayonnaise, and Buffalo wing sauce are combined with some chopped celery for a crunchy, tasty dip. The dip is perfect for chicken wings or fried chicken strips. Or serve it with vegetable sticks or chips.
The basic dip is served cold, but there are many variations you might want to consider, including baked dips. Sour cream can be used instead of mayonnaise, and shredded cheese is another possible addition. Take a look at the variations for some other ideas.
It's a delicious dip to serve your game day gathering or make it for a party or potluck.
Serve the dip with vegetable dippers, chips, or crackers.
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened, cut into cubes)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Buffalo wing sauce (or more)
- 1 rib celery (chopped)
In a bowl with a hand-held stick blender or in a food processor, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, wing sauce, and celery. Blend or process until smooth.
Serve the dip with chicken wings, chicken strips, vegetable dippers, or crackers.
Cover the bowl and refrigerate until serving time.
The recipe makes about 2 cups of dip.
- If you're not sure about the heat, use 3 to 4 tablespoons of the wing sauce and add more to the blender, tasting between pulses, to suit your taste.
- If you prefer a hot or warm dip, blend the chopped celery into the cream cheese and mayonnaise mixture and spread in a 1-quart baking dish. Layer with about 1 cup of diced cooked chicken breast, 1/3 cup of Buffalo wing sauce, 1/2 cup of blue cheese salad dressing. Top with 1 to 2 cups of shredded cheddar jack cheese. Bake in a preheated 350 F oven for about 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbling.
- Add some blue cheese crumbles to the dip for a spicy blue cheese dip for wings.