Buffalo chicken tortilla roll ups are the perfect quick and easy appetizer. They are full of delicious roasted chicken, spicy wing sauce, and tangy blue cheese. Also with less than 10 ingredients you really can't go wrong with making this recipe for your next party!
You can easily make them ahead of time for a party or serve them up quickly if you are in a hurry. It's a great appetizer for the summer months because it has limited to no cooking involved and can easily be served cold!
The easiest way to make this recipe is to use an already cooked rotisserie chicken that you can pick up at the grocery store. You can also cook a few chicken breasts and shred those instead! Canned chicken can also be used but does not have as fresh of a flavor!
When preparing, softened cream cheese is essential! If the cream cheese isn't softened it will not whip up and combine as easily with the other ingredients. After whipping together the softer ingredients it's important to fold in the other ingredients so they don't become completely beat up and the roll ups will still have some texture.
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup of wing sauce (may also substitute hot sauce with a tablespoon of butter)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon of ranch seasoning
- 2 cups of shredded cooked chicken (from chicken breast or a rotisserie chicken)
- 1/4 cup of blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or cheddar cheese blend
- 1 scallion (green onion), thinly sliced
- 4 large flour tortillas (8 inches), whole wheat tortilla may be used if you wish
- salt and pepper if desired
- In a large bowl combine the softened cream cheese, wing sauce, sour cream, and ranch seasoning with a whisk or hand mixer until they are completely blended and smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Gently fold in the shredded cooked chicken, blue cheese crumbles, shredded cheddar, and sliced scallions into the cream cheese mixture until they are combined. Taste the mixture and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Spread about a fourth of the mixture onto one of the tortillas, completely covering the surface.
- Starting at one end, roll the tortilla into a tight log. Wrap the log in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for an hour or up to 1 day, so that the log will be easier to cut.
- Place the tortilla roll seam down on a cutting board. Slice the rolled up tortilla into roughly eight rounds. Place each one cut side up on a platter.
- Serve with more sliced scallions and wing sauce as a garnish if you wish! Use toothpicks to serve or layer individually on a platter.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||39 g|
|Saturated Fat||18 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|