|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 39g||50%|
|Saturated Fat 18g||91%|
|Total Carbohydrate 37g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||9%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Buffalo chicken tortilla roll-ups are the perfect quick and easy appetizer. They are full of delicious roasted chicken, spicy wing sauce, and tangy blue cheese. With less than 10 ingredients, you really can't go wrong with making this recipe (or any creative spin on Buffalo chicken) for your next party.
You can easily make them ahead of time for a celebration or serve them up quickly if you are in a hurry. It's a great appetizer for the summer months because it has limited to no cooking involved and can easily be served cold.
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup wing sauce (may also substitute hot sauce with a tablespoon of butter)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (from chicken breast or a rotisserie chicken)
- 1/4 cup blue cheese (crumbled)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese or cheddar cheese blend (shredded)
- 1 scallion (thinly sliced)
- 4 (8-inch) large flour tortillas
- Salt and pepper (if desired)
Steps to Make It
In a large bowl combine the softened cream cheese, wing sauce, sour cream, and ranch seasoning with a whisk or hand mixer until they are completely blended and smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
Gently fold in the shredded cooked chicken, blue cheese crumbles, shredded cheddar, and sliced scallions into the cream cheese mixture until they are combined. Taste the mixture and add salt and pepper if needed.
Spread about a fourth of the mixture onto one of the tortillas, completely covering the surface.
Starting at one end, roll the tortilla into a tight log. Wrap the log in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for an hour or up to 1 day, so that the log will be easier to cut.
Place the tortilla roll seam down on a cutting board. Slice the rolled up tortilla into roughly eight rounds. Place each one cut side up on a platter.
Serve with more sliced scallions and wing sauce as a garnish if you wish! Use toothpicks to serve or layer individually on a platter.
- The easiest way to make this recipe is to use an already cooked rotisserie chicken that you can pick up at the grocery store. You can also cook a few chicken breasts and shred those instead. Canned chicken can also be used but does not have as fresh of a flavor.
- When preparing, softened cream cheese is essential. If the cream cheese isn't softened, it will not whip up and combine as easily with the other ingredients. After whipping together the softer ingredients, it's important to fold in the other ingredients so they don't become completely beat up and the roll-ups will still have some texture.