Making a healthy lunch when time is short can be challenging and often leads to choosing unhealthy fast food. While there are usually a couple healthy options like a salad when heading to a drive-thru, it's even better having some prepared lunches ready to go. If you have a well-stocked fridge for quick meals like this, there will be less temptation to eat out and ruin your healthy sugar-free lifestyle. Make this once and have 4 servings for yourself or two servings if shared.
Make this even easier by buying a ready-cooked rotisserie chicken from the market and this recipe can be whipped up in less than 10 minutes. It can be made as spicy as you like but the amount you see here makes it moderately spicy without making your nose run! Be sure to read the labels when grocery shopping for hot sauce -- many contain sugar and there are very few brands that don't, but you can find suitable sauces if you pay attention to the ingredient list.
If you aren't really an avocado fan and are concerned about the flavor of the avocado, no worries -- the spicy buffalo flavor is the star in this recipe. The avocado just makes for a creamy filling and gives the ability to lighten up on the mayo.
Serving Size: 1 serving, Calories: 446, Calories from Fat: 257, Total Fat: 28.6 g, Saturated Fat 3.9 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 103 mg, Sodium: 450 mg, Carbohydrate: 8.3 g, Fiber: 6.6 g, Sugars: 0.3 g, Protein: 40.9 g, Vitamin C: 17%, Vitamin A: 3%, Iron: 9%, Calcium: 1%
- 2 avocados, cut in half, pitted and skin removed
- 3 cups boneless, skinless chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/2 cupmashed avocado (scooped out of the 2 avocados you cut in half to start with)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon buffalo sauce, sugar-free (try Archie Moore brand)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- Place your avocado halves on a serving platter and spoon out some of the centers of each to equal the 1/2 cup mashed you need for the recipe, then set them aside while you make the rest of the filling.
- In a bowl, add the mashed avocado, chicken, mayo and lemon juice. Combine well and then add the buffalo sauce and salt and pepper. Taste and adjust spices as desired.
- Spoon this filling evenly into each half of the avocados. Sprinkle with more buffalo sauce if desired.
- Enjoy immediately or keep refrigerated until ready to serve.