Serve these delicious spicy and crispy oven fried chicken strips for an everyday meal with fries and a side vegetable.
Or, double the recipe and make them for a game day snack or party. This easy recipe makes about 20 to 24 chicken strips, enough for a meal for four. They're wonderful with the included Buffalo aioli, served with a spicy mayonnaise, or your favorite blue cheese dip.
- 1 to 1 1/4 pounds chicken breast halves (boneless)
- 1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce (such as Frank's, Stonewall Kitchens, or your favorite)
- 1 1/2 cups panko crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (sweet)
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- For the Buffalo Aioli:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon celery (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons dill relish
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Buffalo wing sauce
- Line a large baking sheet with foil. Oil the foil or spray with nonstick cooking or baking spray.
- Wash chicken and pat dry. Cut the chicken breasts crosswise into 1/2-inch strips. Put them in a food storage bag or bowl and toss with 1/2 cup of the wing sauce. Let stand for 15 minutes or marinate in the refrigerator for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Heat oven to 425°.
- Combine the panko crumbs, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, parsley. Add the melted butter and toss to blend.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine the mayonnaise, finely chopped celery, relish, a dash of garlic powder, and 2 tablespoons of the Buffalo wing sauce.
- Serve with the aioli for dipping.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||48 g|
|Saturated Fat||13 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||15 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|