|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 71g||90%|
|Saturated Fat 32g||162%|
|Total Carbohydrate 9g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
These stuffed zucchini boats are simple, healthy, and bursting with hot sauce flavor—a creative new way of enjoying everything you love about Buffalo wings. With just one skillet and one baking dish, you'll get your comfort-food cravings satisfied in no time: prep, bake, set the table and ding! Dinner is ready.
The summer squash adds a lot of texture to our low-carb boats, and thanks to the cheese it's very creamy and flavorful. This dish easily works for keto or other low-carb diets, and when omitting the cheese products, it becomes a Paleo-friendly meal as well.
Gather the ingredients.
Preheat the oven to 400 F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds of each zucchini half using an ice cream scooper with a firm hand. Place the seedless zucchini halves in the greased baking dish.
In a medium-size skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat, add the ground chicken, and break it up with a spatula as it's cooking. Cook chicken completely through, stirring as needed.
Remove the chicken from the heat and wait for five minutes. This is essential. If the hot sauce is added to a skillet that's on the burner, it can evaporate and hurt your eyes, nose, and skin.
Add the ranch seasoning, cream cheese, butter, and wing sauce to the ground chicken. Stir to completely combine the ingredients.
Divide the chicken mixture between all of the zucchini halves and fill each one completely.
Sprinkle the top of each zucchini half with the shredded cheddar.
Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and place it in the preheated oven. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the zucchinis are cooked through.
Remove the foil and bake for another 5 minutes for a crispy top. Once it's cooked to your liking, remove from the oven and sprinkle with the crumbled blue cheese and the sliced scallion.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Have the dish ready to bake when you want it. Combine the ingredients ahead of time, cover with foil, and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 day until you are ready to bake and serve.
- Use ground turkey for a leaner version; there are 90% fat-free ground turkeys that will bring good flavor minus the fat. Remember that lean poultry dries up fast, so you can add 1/2 cup of vegetable broth to the skillet to avoid your mixture becoming too crumbly and dry.
- Use any cheese of your liking, but choose one that melts well like mozzarella or gouda. Non-dairy cheeses work too but check the label for soy content if any soy allergies are present.
- Use full-fat Greek yogurt instead of the cream cheese to save some calories.
- Substitute blue cheese with a drizzle of ranch dressing.