Dinner should be easy, and when you're dealing with less than 10 ingredients and limited dishes, it can be easy! Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Zucchini Boats are simple, healthy, and bursting with buffalo wing flavor. They are tangy and cheesy and will satisfy all of your cravings! You only need one baking dish and one skillet to make this dinner happen!
Zucchini boats are a great way to have a low carb meal while tricking yourself into thinking it's something more indulgent! It's creamy and cheesy but instead of bread or pasta, it's zucchini! This recipe could easily work for a Ketogenic diet or other low carb diets. You can also just omit the cheese products and it is an easy Paleo diet friendly meal! It's also just a delicious and healthy weeknight meal for the family! It can be made ahead of time and baked when you are ready to serve. Simply prepare the dish, cover with foil and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 day until you are ready to serve!
You can easily swap out the cheeses for shredded mozzarella or other creamy or melty cheeses. The blue cheese can be replaced with a drizzle of ranch dressing, too! The scallions look pretty as a garnish but can be omitted if needed!
- 3 medium sized zucchinis
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 lb. of ground chicken or turkey
- 1 teaspoon of dry ranch seasoning
- 1/2 cup of buffalo wing sauce, or Frank's Red Hot Sauce and 1 tablespoon of butter
- 4 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack and cheddar blend
- 1/4 cup of blue cheese crumbles
- 1 scallion, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat a medium skillet to medium high heat. Add the olive oil then add the ground chicken to the pan and break it up as it is cooking. Cook until the chicken is completely cooked through, stirring as needed. Remove the chicken from the heat (this is essential because if the hot sauce is cooked on the stove it can make the air very spicy!)
- Add the ranch seasoning, cream cheese, and wing sauce to the ground chicken. Stir to completely combine the ingredients.
- Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds of each half of the zucchinis.
- Place the zucchini halves in the greased baking dish. Divide the chicken mixture between all of the zucchini halves, filling so that they are completely filled. Sprinkle the top of each zucchini half with the shredded cheddar or other blended cheese.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and place it in the preheated oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the zucchini is cooked through. Remove the foil and bake for another 5 minutes if crispiness is desired. Sprinkle with the blue cheese crumbles and the sliced scallion. Serve immediately!
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||71 g|
|Saturated Fat||32 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||29 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|