Buffalo Chicken Tacos combine two of my favorite trends: buffalo wing flavors and tacos! These tacos are filled with tender chicken that is mixed with celery, hot buffalo wing sauce, and onion and garlic. I like to shred meat from one rotisserie chicken; that will give you about 2 cups. You can make this recipe with turkey too if you'd like. It's a great way to use up leftovers from Thanksgiving dinner.
Buffalo Sauce is a product that is sold in most grocery stores. It is not Tabasco sauce. Look for it in the sauces aisle. It is quite spicy, so you may want to use less at first until you decide how hot you want this recipe. You can always add more hot sauce at the table!
The toppings on these tacos are classic, both to tacos and to buffalo wings; avocados, tomatoes, and blue cheese salad dressing. Try these unusual and delicious tacos soon.
- 6-8 taco shells
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup red hot buffalo sauce
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 avocados, peeled and chopped
- 2/3 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Place taco shells on baking sheet and warm in oven according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until tender, about 4-6 minutes.
- Add celery, chicken, buffalo sauce, and heavy cream; stir for about a minute to heat through, and remove from heat.
- Fill taco shells with some of the chicken mixture, and top with tomatoes, avocados, blue cheese salad dressing, and shredded cheese. Serve immediately.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||35 g|
|Saturated Fat||15 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|