Remember that an injection sauce is essentially a marinade and needs to spend some time with the meat for best results. You should plan on using this injection marinade several hours before you start cooking. This is great with any kind of poultry, particularly turkey.
- 1/2 cup/120 mL chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL butter
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL finely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL salt
- 1/4 teaspoon/2.5 white pepper
- Melt butter over low heat in a small saucepan. Add all of the remaining ingredients except for the salt. Mix well. Add salt until mixture has a slight, but not overpowering flavor.
- Remove mixture from heat and allow to cool for 8 minutes. Load into meat injector and slowly inject into various spots in the bird. The breast meat really benefits from this mixture.
- Save any leftover mixture to use as a baste while the chicken or turkey is on the grill. Otherwise, discard. Cook as directed.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|