This butter party mints recipe will make candy that tastes like old-fashioned after-dinner mints that melt in your mouth. They are quite easy to prepare at home and a perfect no-cook recipe to keep the kids occupied. No cooking means no potential burns on tiny fingers from hot stoves or ovens. You don't even need a microwave!
Whip up a batch of these for kitchen gifts or as party, graduation, shower or wedding favor tied in tulle netting with a pretty ribbon. Feel free to vary the flavor and colors with the seasons and occasion.
Makes about 8 dozen Butter Party Mints.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick or 4 ounces) butter (at room temperature)
- 2 tablespoonsheavy cream (36% to 40% milk fat)
- 4 to 5 drops of peppermint extract
- 3 drops of food coloring
- In a large bowl, place 4 ounces room-temperature butter, 2 tablespoons room-temperature cream, 4 to 5 drops peppermint extract (or another flavor of your choosing), and 3 drops food coloring of choice. Beat until well combined.
- Add 4 cups confectioners' sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating on high speed after each addition, until combined.
- Knead the sugar dough, as you would knead bread dough, until smooth.
- Roll pieces of the sugar dough into long ropes about 1/2 inch in diameter. Using a sharp knife, cut into 1-inch pieces and place on baking sheets. Cover loosely with paper towels and place in a cold oven overnight to dry and harden.
Notes: If you wish to make multicolored mints, omit the food coloring in the first step. After making the sugar dough and before kneading, divide the dough into equal batches. Beat a different food coloring into each of the different batches, then proceed as instructed.
Feel free to experiment with other flavoring extracts as well. The sugar dough may also be pressed into candy molds or try rolling it into 1/2-inch balls and flattening them slightly before drying. The candies may also be dipped into melted chocolate after drying. Butter party mints make great kitchen gifts.
More No-Bake Candy Recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||37 g|
|Saturated Fat||23 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|