|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 to 5 Dozen (48-60 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Total Carbohydrate 5g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||1%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon butter rum flavoring
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoons rum
- 2 1/2 cups flour, unsifted
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
In a large bowl of a stand mixer or using an electric handheld mixer, cream the butter with 3/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg yolks, flavorings, and rum.
Gradually add the flour, using hands to knead in last of it.
When the dough is smooth, shape into rolls about 1 1/2 inches in diameter, wrap in waxed paper and place in the refrigerator. Chill for at least 6 hours or overnight.
Cut into 1/4-inch slices and roll each slice with hands to form a ball. Roll balls in a mixture of the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and the orange zest.
Place on cookie sheet and flatten with a flat bottom glass dipped in the sugar-orange mixture.
Bake on lightly greased and floured baking sheets at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Store cookies in an airtight container for at least one day before serving for best flavor.