- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 scant teaspoon salt
- 3 to 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup jalapeno peppers (chopped)
- Optional: 1 cup canned corn kernels, drained
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheeses (or Cheddar cheese finely shredded)
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter (melted)
- Grease and flour a 9-inch square baking pan. Heat oven to 400°.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and sugar; stir in chopped peppers, corn kernels, and cheese.
- In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter. Stir into the dry ingredients until well moistened. Spread the batter in the prepared baking pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until lightly browned and firm.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|