Looking for a way to make fluffy homemade pancakes without the gluten? Look no further! These rich buttermilk pancakes are super easy to make with brown rice flour in place of regular wheat-based flour. With eggs and buttermilk, they're incredibly rich, and, with just a bit of honey to sweeten them, they're also refined-sugar free as well. Enjoy hot homemade gluten-free and wheat-free pancakes -- yum!
Recipe courtesy of Ener-G Foods.
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp honey (or fruit juice concentrate or sugar)
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Beat egg until frothy. Add buttermilk, oil, and honey and beat until well blended.
- In another bowl mix brown rice flour and the remaining dry ingredients. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the liquids. Stir until well blended. Do not over stir. The batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Lightly grease a frying pan and fry pancakes.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|