|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 1 shot (1 serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 2g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||1%|
|Total Carbohydrate 18g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 8g||27%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
The buttery nipple is a popular party shot. It's a sweet and delicious shooter with the flavor of creamy butterscotch candy. You'll also enjoy that it's quick to mix up, so it's one that you'll definitely want to share with friends.
It's very common in the world of shots to find numerous recipes that go by the same name. The buttery nipple is one of those. This first recipe is the most popular and often referred to as buttery nipple #1. The buttery nipple #2 uses the same ingredients but pours equal amounts of the two liqueurs.
Many people prefer to layer this shot, with Irish cream sitting on top of the butterscotch schnapps. It's an easy combination that floats well and a good drink to practice your layering skills. However, you can shake it up if you prefer.
Click Play to See This Buttery Nipple Shot Recipe Come Together
Gather the ingredients.
Pour the butterscotch schnapps into a chilled shot glass.
Carefully float the Irish cream on top by pouring it over the back of a bar spoon.
Serve and enjoy!
- The trick to creating layered shots like this is to pour the ingredients in the order given. Each liqueur has a specific gravity that will determine whether it can float on top of another. The rule of thumb is that the heavier liqueur goes on the bottom. Butterscotch schnapps is one of the heaviest ingredients in the bar because it is filled with sugar.
- To shake this shot, combine the two liqueurs in a cocktail shaker filled with ice, shake well, then strain into a shot glass.
- The shaken version also makes an excellent dessert drink when you double the recipe and serve it on the rocks. It's fabulous with cheesecake and other lightly indulgent sweets.
- The buttery nipple #3 uses a different flavor of schnapps. To make it, pour 1 ounce of peach schnapps into a shot glass and float 1/2 ounce Irish cream liqueur on top. Again, you can shake it if you like.
- The golden nipple adds Goldschläger and gets its name from the schnapps' signature gold flakes. For this one, pour 1/2 ounce each the cinnamon schnapps and butterscotch schnapps into a shot glass. Slowly pour 1/2 ounce Irish cream liqueur on top so it floats.
How Strong Is a Buttery Nipple?
The layered butterscotch schnapps and Irish cream have an alcohol content of 25 percent ABV (50 proof) and the other versions will be similar. That's over half the strength of a straight shot of tequila. Keep this in mind because these may taste great, but a few rounds can quickly add up and may lead to a wicked hangover.