This easy cabbage and leeks recipe is a tasty side dish to just about any meal, especially a corned beef, pot roast, or ham.
The cabbage and leeks are sauteed and then simmered to perfection with a small amount of chicken stock, butter, and seasonings.
- 1 medium green cabbage
- 3 large leeks
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 scant teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Trim leeks and slice into 1 to 1 1/2-inch lengths. Cut the rounds into thin strips.
- Soak in cold water to loosen any soil that may be adhering to them, then rinse well.
- Cut the cabbage into 6 wedges; remove core pieces.
- Thinly slice the cabbage wedges crosswise. Toss the drained leeks with the cabbage.
- Heat the butter in a large, deep skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add the leeks and cabbage and saute, while stirring, for 8 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, salt, and pepper and simmer, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the cabbage is cooked but is still slightly crunchy.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|