|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 2 to 3|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 5g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||2%|
|Total Carbohydrate 18g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||10%|
|Total Sugars 11g|
|Vitamin C 3mg||17%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This cacao almond bliss smoothie is as much a dessert as it is a mini-meal. The good news is that if you are going to eat a chocolate almond sweet creation, this is the way to go. It can even be frozen into a sorbet. This is heaven on earth for guilt-free chocolate loving bliss! Use frozen bananas in this recipe–just peel and cut into chunks, then freeze; the banana acts like little ice cubes). You also can use homemade almond nut milk. For more information on cleansing with smoothies, try these detoxification tips.
2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or other nut milk)
1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
1 tablespoon almond butter
1 medium banana (cut into chunks)
1 tablespoon honey (or agave nectar)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Gather the ingredients.
Place all of the ingredients into a blender. Add a few ice cubes if desired.
Blend everything together until smooth.
- Make sure you sip smoothies slowly and “chew” them so the digestive enzymes in your saliva will be activated.
- Add a scoop of protein powder for extra nutrients. Pea protein, hemp or rice protein, and organic whey or soy all good sources.
- Use 2 cups of coconut milk instead of the nut milk.
- Add a teaspoon of maca powder for an extra energy boost. Makes one generous or 2 small servings.
- To increase the protein, replace about 1/2 cup of the nut milk with plain yogurt.
- For more almond flavor, add a few drops of almond extract, or to taste.
What is the difference between raw cacao powder and regular cocoa?
To make regular cocoa the beans are roasted at high temperatures. Raw cacao is made from unroasted, cold-pressed beans.
The roasting process reduces the acidity, but it may also decrease the nutritional value and antioxidant properties of the beans. Raw cacao's cold-press method retains the enzymes and removes the cocoa butter/fat.