This is the traditional seasoning recipe for Cajun-style blackened fish. Apply this rub on the fish and place it in an extremely hot cast iron skillet. Trust me when I say that this will be a delicious treat.
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL paprika
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL oregano
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL thyme
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon /5 mL black pepper
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL white pepper
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL salt (sea)
- Mix together and store in an airtight container, in a cool, dark place for up to 6 months after preparation.
- To use, simply apply a generous amount of rub onto the flesh of fish. Cook as directed.
- The mixture can be made into a marinade as well. Add 1/4 cup oil and either 1/3 cup vinegar (white or cider) or citrus juices (orange, lemon, or lime) to a bowl and whisk together with seasoning rub.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|